GUI Client: easier way to ignore label actions in history?

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

activa

GUI Client: easier way to ignore label actions in history?

Post by activa » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:31 am

When viewing the history of an item using History Explorer, all actions are shown by default, including label actions. We are using CruiseControl.NET for continuous integration, which means we have several builds per day. This means the history is filled with label actions. The real changes are hard to find.

I know it is possible to filter by action, but that requires me to go in the filter dialog every time. Adding this filter to the favorites works, but it still feels a little too complicated.

It would be nice to have a simple checkbox in the History Explorer which, when checked, only shows actions resulting in a new version (this would exclude label actions).

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:21 pm

Take a look at Vault 3.5.x's History Favorites. With that many labels, you would want to create a History Favorite for all actions but Label.
Attachments
junk.jpg
junk.jpg (59.75 KiB) Viewed 4899 times
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

activa

Post by activa » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:42 am

Indeed. I did mention this in my post.

It was actually a suggestion on how this could be made easier using a checkbox. Not all actions in the history result in a new version of the file, so having a checkbox to show only changes that result in a new version would be very handy 8)

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:44 am

The History Favorites are what you would want to use.

Once designed and saved, you never have to use the dialog to uncheck a menu item - complicating the matter. It is as simple as invoking the History Favorite from the context menu.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear