Problem in Install

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Sebastian becher

Problem in Install

Post by Sebastian becher » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:47 am

Hi,
I try to install the Fortress-Server on Windows XP Professional with a MSSQL Express Server 2005, but I get always the Errorcode 402 (sort conflict in column 6. Select query cannot be resolved). What I have to do, to resolve the problem?

Sebastian Becher

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:14 pm

Do you currently have a Vault or Dragnet Database on the Machine or is this a fresh install?

Are you using Windows Authentication or SQL Authentication in the Connect to Database dialog when you install?

There is a known issue with MSSQL 2005 and SQL Authentication, so if you are using Sql Auth try choosing Windows Auth instead.

If that isn't the problem, send us your fortress_install.log file located in your temp (%temp%) directory. That may give us some clues.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

dazfuller

Not sure if it's this

Post by dazfuller » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:51 am

I'm having the same problem here (trying to install on a XP professional machine running SQL2005 Developer Edition). I've just had a look at the databases the install created and there is a difference in the collation types between sgmaster and sgvault:

sgvault SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
sgmaster Latin1_General_CI_AS

And it appears that the install is falling over when it's trying the create the [spgetgroupsforreporproj] procedure.

Sebastian becher

Post by Sebastian becher » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:06 am

Thanks for the hint. This information helped me to solve the Problem

Sebastian becher

dazfuller

Any update?

Post by dazfuller » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:31 am

Does anyone know if this bug has been resolved yet or of a decent workaround?

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:55 pm

Contact fortress-support@sourcegear.com to get a patched preview which will fix the install issue.