The server had an error processing the file upload

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

iRGLNeil

The server had an error processing the file upload

Post by iRGLNeil » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:38 am

Our vault installation has suddenly stopped allowing us or our Indian developer to check in any changes. It worked fine up until Fri evening but would not work since Saturday despite all my efforts to check settings etc. In VS2005 I get the message: "Files could not be mapped to the Vault server" and when I ter to check in a page, nothing happens - it fails to check in. In vault client we both get the following error if we try to check in / commit a page: "4/16/2007 4:34:14 PM] Upload for item $/Default.aspx failed too many times, aborting transaction.
Please verify your network settings using the Options dialog under the Tools menu in the Vault GUI Client.
The specific error was "The server had an error processing the file upload but did not return an error header.
The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.UploadItem(ChangeSetItem item, String txID, Byte[]& streamBuffer, Int32& bytesWrittenThisFile, Boolean bIsImport)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.UploadThread.ProcessCommand(UploadThreadCommand command, UploadThreadCommandResult& outputResult)"

This has totally stopped an urgent development project - can you help?
Attachments
DropDownListCHange.txt
Vault error message
(800 Bytes) Downloaded 446 times
Last edited by iRGLNeil on Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

iRGLNeil

Upload failed

Post by iRGLNeil » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:41 am

For some unknown reason, my file would not upload to you but it was only a copy of the vault message quoted in my posting, which seems to have gone through, so I hope you can do without it

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:19 am

We've been in touch by phone. For some reason, I'm not getting emails from you with your server log. I'll try to call you.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager