Issue upgrading from 3.1.9.3798 to 3.5.0

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Scottie

Issue upgrading from 3.1.9.3798 to 3.5.0

Post by Scottie » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:59 am

Hi guys,
I’m having issues upgrading the Vault Database to version 3.5.0.
To begin with I had version 3.1.8 of the database and I attempted to run the 3.5.0 setup, but received this error message:
Upgrading SourceGear Vault database schema...ALTER TABLE statement conflicted with TABLE FOREIGN KEY constraint 'fk_tbfolderentrypins_objverid_tblfolderentries'. The conflict occurred in database 'sgvault', table 'tblfolderentries'. Vault Upgrade Setup is exiting due to a failure or cancellation. Error Code = -1001 Please press OK to continue installing the Client and Admin Tools (if selected).
I figured that perhaps the upgrade had to be done from version 3.1.9 so I ran that upgrade which was successful and the web service now reports 3.1.9.3798 as the version number. However when I try to run the 3.5.0 setup I receive the same error message as mentioned above.
The aim is to get up to version 3.5.2, but I figured I’d have to upgrade via the initial 3.5.0 release – if this isn’t the case would you recommend running the 3.5.2 setup?

I’ve searched the forum and can’t find anyone that had a similar issue, so any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Scott

Scottie

Post by Scottie » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:15 am

"SELECT schemaversion FROM sgvault.dbo.tblschemaversions" returns 3.1.5.0 if that is of any help.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:01 pm

I think we will have to dig further into this one. Can you send an email to support at sourcegear.com (Attn: Beth) with a link to this post. I'll have instructions for you from there.

Scottie

Post by Scottie » Wed May 02, 2007 9:27 pm

I just wanted to say thanks to Beth and all the support staff at Source Gear. Thanks to them our problem is solved and the upgrade went off without a hitch.

Thanks guys,

Scottie

Tri

Post by Tri » Mon May 07, 2007 10:28 am

Pardon for jumping in, if this issue could be of general interest, can you please post some hints?

We are planing to upgrade from 3.16 to 3.52 and would appreciate any experience to help a smooth update.

Thanks in advance.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Mon May 07, 2007 10:35 am

The problem was with a missing foreign key constraint in early versions of Vault when obliterating pinned files.

This was corrected in later versions, but their database contained data which required us to remove the offending rows so the upgrade could succeed.

Here are two quick hints:

1) Make a FULL backup of the database before launching the installer.

2) Try a test run - restore the backup on a different machine, and test the Vault installer against that test database.

If step 2 works, then it should be safe to upgrade your "live" server.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear