Cleanup procedure for failed VaultClient 3.5.2 install?

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Graham Day

Cleanup procedure for failed VaultClient 3.5.2 install?

Post by Graham Day » Tue May 29, 2007 3:26 am

I am getting the message "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" when I attempt to run the installer package VaulteClient_3_5_2.msi on the VaultServer machine (Windows 2003 Server SP1). This installer package runs fine on other machines, and the Admin and Server packages run fine on this server.

I am pretty sure that this is due to an earlier failed install which needs to be cleaned up. I have tried to do so manually (cleared out registry entries relating to the GUIDs associated with this MSI by event log failure entries, removing Program Files folder for Vault Client, removing Documents and Settings\All Users\Vault entries for Vault Client), but with no success.

Is there a procedure available to clean up a failed install? The server is running fine with 15 developers, I really need to run the client on the server to perform an integration build, and rebuilding the server from scratch is not a realistic option!

Many thanks!

Graham Day

Post by Graham Day » Tue May 29, 2007 7:09 am

I have found a workaround, which is to simply copy the contents of C:\Program Files\SourceGear\Vault Client\ from a machine with a working installation.

This has got my integration build process running again, so the urgency can be downgraded to "nice to have".

Many thanks!

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue May 29, 2007 9:36 am

I'm not sure why you were unable to install the Vault client, even after deleting registry entries and the directory, etc.

However one thing to remember is that the Vault Server installation can also install the Vault GUI client. If you tried to install the Vault client again, you may get that error.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Graham Day

Post by Graham Day » Wed May 30, 2007 8:53 am

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm rather pleased that I am already planning to replace this server in the next few weeks!