Vault 4.0 NAnt tasks. What's up?

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

activa

Vault 4.0 NAnt tasks. What's up?

Post by activa » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:53 am

I noticed that the NAnt tasks for Vault 4.0 have changed significantly. Change is good, but there are major issues:
  • The file VCDiff.dll is missing in the bin directory. NAnt chokes on it.
  • There is no documentation about what has changed. A simple text or HTML file with a summary of what has changed would have been nice
  • A few examples would help. Through trial and error I had to figure out you need to set the login options before using any of the vault tasks.
I have to say that the new NAnt tasks appear to be a lot better than the old ones.

Philippe

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:22 am

We notice that the vcdiff dll got lost in the shuffle. That will be fixed in 4.0.1. The new NAnt base was created so that the CLC and NAnt share a common code base, but NAnt has the advantage that it can stay logged in between commands, where the CLC will log out after every command (except for when it's in batch mode). This is a huge win for NAnt. I've got our NAnt expert creating some example scripts to show off the new power.

For now:

Copy the VCDiff.dll from your Program Files installation.
Send me an email using the button below this post, and I'll send you a preview of the examples that we're working on.