Error 1109 - Renaming a folder

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

arden_dan

Error 1109 - Renaming a folder

Post by arden_dan » Mon May 10, 2004 2:12 am

I have just created a branch of a large project (approx 10,000 files, several levels of sub-folders).

In the new branch I have deleted a couple of sub-folders and renamed a couple of sub-folders.

One of the sub-folders was incorrectly renamed. Subsequent attempts to rename this folder give Error 1109.

To get around the problem I deleted the sub-folder I couldn't rename and re-branched that particular folder from the original main branch. Although this isn't ideal in terms of what the history shows, it doesn't affect future use of the branch.. thanks to your wonderful merge tool :wink:

I just wondered what 1109 is, and how I can avoid it in the future?

Thanks.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Mon May 10, 2004 6:20 am

Dan,

1109 is an error code that means that there was an error trying to update the information in the database. Your server log should have more specific information regarding the failure. Could you email me your server log and phone number? I would like to make sure we know what situation that you got into that would cause this error. Hopefully, we can track it down in order to prevent it from happening in the future.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Wed May 12, 2004 9:10 am

We've tracked down the cause of the error that Dan was seeing. The fix will be included in 2.0.3, when that is released.