Configuration Annoyance after Upgrade

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

awdavis

Configuration Annoyance after Upgrade

Post by awdavis » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:28 pm

It's really annoying how much configuration I lose every time I upgrade Vault. Specifically, I lose the log file directory, the working directory, and the upload size. But more importantly, I lose all the shadow folders I have configured. What a pain! Can we somehow retain this configuration information over an upgrade?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:53 am

This can be tricky, as the server configuration settings are written to the Vault.config, VaultService\web.config and VaultShadowfolderService\web.config files. Depending on the upgrade, the config files may have some significant changes/additions, so creating new config files is less error-prone than trying to determine what configuration info to parse out from the old files.

Still, I'll log a feature request for server settings to be preserved on upgrades.

Regarding Shadow Folder configuration, you *might* be able to backup the ShadowFolder web.config file prior to an upgrade, then copy the information from the <WorkingFolderAssociation> section from the old config file to the new one. We haven't tested this, so be sure to make a backup of the new ShadowFolder web.config file in case manually editing it doesn't work.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager