Edit Label Comments

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Lane

Edit Label Comments

Post by Lane » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:20 am

Please tell me how I can enable permission for users to edit the comments for labels created by other users.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:57 pm

There isn't a permissions setting for that. The user Admin can go in and edit a label comment if the original user isn't present to edit their own comment.

Lane

Post by Lane » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:01 pm

When can the ability to set this permission be added? This is something we need to be able to do.

Is there any way to tweak this to make it possible?

And in the meantime, can you tell me how to do it as an administrator?

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:25 pm

I can take a feature request for you, but I wouldn't know about a time to implementation. We take a lot of requests and the developers discuss those requests and arrange them or schedule them or perform more research on it.

When someone logs in as Admin, they can perform a show labels on the item the label was applied to. Then select the one that has the comment you wanted to change, right-click, and select Edit Comment. When it's in edit mode, the box should be white. If it's grayed out, it can't be edited.

This label and the comment with it was made in Vault, correct? Or was it made in VSS and then imported to Vault?

Lane

Post by Lane » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:55 pm

I understand. I thought if I have admin rights I could do that. To have to log in specifically as the admin would be an unacceptable workaround, so I guess we will have to live without this feature.