Shadow folder refreshes

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

popezilla

Shadow folder refreshes

Post by popezilla » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:42 am

I am using Vault 3.1.9.3798 and have these questions about shadow folders:

1 - Does Vault in some way 'watch' the folders? If I remove a file using Windows Explorer, will that file be replaced automatically?

2 - Is there a periodic refresh which is scheduled to ensure the filesystem is up to date?

3 - Can I trigger a refresh? I know that I can by removing and then re-adding the shadow folder configuration, but is there another way?

Thanks.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:50 am

1 - Does Vault in some way 'watch' the folders? If I remove a file using Windows Explorer, will that file be replaced automatically?
Yes. In Vault 3.1.9, shadow folders should always synchronize with the contents of the folder being shadowed.
2 - Is there a periodic refresh which is scheduled to ensure the filesystem is up to date?
Generally there should be a refresh whenever something has changed in the repository.
3 - Can I trigger a refresh? I know that I can by removing and then re-adding the shadow folder configuration. Is there another way?
You could try modifying a file and checking it in. You could also try restarting IIS. If you delete files in the shadow folder it should also be re-populated.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager