Corrupt repository?

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

sswanson

Corrupt repository?

Post by sswanson » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:52 pm

We are having a lot of problems with several users who are using a specific repository. Seemingly at random they will have several different errors, usually being unable to check in a file that they had checked out. The latest had the error message "Could not retrieve the file from the database." when the user tried to Check in the file. Is it possible that the repository or database has become corrupt? How can I find out and if it is how do I fix it.

In another issue we're having I'm unable to backup the Vault Database. I haven't tried it through vault but backing it up through SQL server is continually failing for a while now. Any advice?

We're using Vault 4.0.4.
O/S: Windows Server 2003

Thanks for your help.

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:02 pm

Do you get any errors if you run DBCC CHECKDB ( 'sgvault' ) against the database?

Are your users sharing working folders by any chance?

How are you performing the SQL backup (Using the GUI, running a script, automated?) What errors are you getting.

It might be good to try a backup through the Vault admin tool just to see what it does.

sswanson

Post by sswanson » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:27 am

DBCC doesn't return any errors and none of the users are sharing folders. I found out yesterday though that we may be having problems on the computer that I'm backing Vault up to, so I need to try a new computer see if it works there instead. We were doing back up through the SQL GUI, not automated nor a script. On the other hand that wouldn't account for my other users having problems.

sswanson

Post by sswanson » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:50 pm

We just tried an IIS restart and gave checking in the files (the ones that have been failing) another go with no success. We still get the "Could not retrieve file from database" error. Prior to that I set the logging level to 'Debug'. Attached is the server log.
Attachments
sgvault.txt
Vault server log
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 688 times

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:37 pm

Since we're working together offline as well, I'm going to be responding offline (through our support email) until this is resolved to better keep all the data together.