Can no longer add solution or items to source control

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

BryanZM

Can no longer add solution or items to source control

Post by BryanZM » Fri May 25, 2007 5:06 pm

All of a sudden I cannot add a solution to source control.
I have tried multiple different projects types (asp.net,forms), it seems to create a folder for the solution but does not add any items.

It also gives an error like this:
An error occured while accessing the source control system. Check your solution's source control bindings.

When I click OK, it gives me this error:
Microsoft Visual Studio cannot open the connection from the folder C:\Documents and Settings\bmcmaster.CFGO.COM to the source control database location. Please verify whether this folder and database location still exist and are accessible.

My projects that are already in Vault I can check out, in with out any problems.

I checked the control bindings but ite states <No Server> under server name, server binding. So not sure where else to check.

I would like help on this as soon as I can because I am about to purchase some licenses after this evaluation.

Thanks,
Bryan

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue May 29, 2007 9:48 am

Microsoft Visual Studio cannot open the connection from the folder C:\Documents and Settings\bmcmaster.CFGO.COM to the source control database location. Please verify whether this folder and database location still exist and are accessible.
Is this a folder on your drive? For some reason Visual Studio is having trouble accessing it.

When do you get the error? At what point in adding to source control?

Have you tried using a different working directory?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

BryanZM

Re:Can no longer add solution or items to source control

Post by BryanZM » Wed May 30, 2007 9:19 am

Yes, this is a folder on my PC, my documents/visual studio 2005/projects/.

I will try a different working dir. and let you know. thanks!

BryanZM

Re:Can no longer add solution or items to source control

Post by BryanZM » Wed May 30, 2007 9:23 am

Ok, that worked. I created a project in C:\ and it seemed to have checked it in and back out again.

My projects have to be in the my documents though. How can I fix?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu May 31, 2007 5:50 am

You may need to do a fresh open from source control and choose a new working directory in the location you wish.

This command is in Visual Studio under file->source control->open from source control. You probably want to backup or delete any files that are already in networking directory. Since Visual Studio had problems accessing that directory, you might try deleting it and re-creating it before you use it.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

brettemiller

Post by brettemiller » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:32 am

IDE: Visual Studio 2005 (8.0.50727)
Vault client: 3.5.1.4786
Vault server: 3.5.1.4786

I get exactly the same error when trying to add a *new* project into Vault from VS 2005:
An error occured while accessing the source control system. Check your solution's source control bindings.
Click "OK" then:
Microsoft Visual Studio cannot open the connection from the folder [folder path and name] to the source control database location. Please verify whether this folder and database location still exist and are accessible.
Here's the hitch: the project previously existed in Vault and I deleted it. I'm not willing to change the working location. I want the path in Vault to match my local path. Very frustrating.

--Brett

brettemiller

Post by brettemiller » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:44 am

Well, I set the working folder association for the top-level project folder, and that seems to have done the trick. That is, I was attempting to add the following project:

d:\tools\propagate

which resulted in the error listed previously

Using the Vault client, I set the working folder for the "tools" folder to be:

d:\tools\

When I went back to VS, I added the propagate project to the tools folder without any trouble.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:28 am

Thanks for the update.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear