Shadow Folders

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Mickie

Shadow Folders

Post by Mickie » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:51 am

Hello

We are currently using Fortress 1.0.4 (having succesfully upgraded from Vault). We have a problem with the 'automatic' updates of all shadow folders. Repositories are shadowed using the web admin tool, and all folders are created and populated initially. However any subsequent changes are not promulgated. We have to 'force' an update by switching the 'speed optimized' field from true - false. This seems to refresh the shadowed folders. Any help please?

Thanks

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:23 pm

I tried to recreate the scenario and couldn't. It updates for me on speed optimized. Set it again for Speed Optimized, save your setting, then try an iisreset (start - run - iisreset). After that if it still won't update, check in both your Vault Server Log and the Shadow Folder Log for errors. Both logs can be found in the Windows temp directory.

Mickie

Post by Mickie » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:37 am

Thanks for reply Beth. I've been looking at this for some time now. I'm still unable to get the shadow folders working correctly. I've looked through the log files, and see nothing odd (well to my untrained eye anyhow!). My thought is that it could be a 'permission' problem. I've cheked all the folders I can think of, and reset permissions. But still the 'automatic' update of shadow folders from vault does not work. This is a feature we use extensively, and worked very well for us under vault 3.5.2. The only way to syncronize the folders is by toggling the 'speed optimized' field for true to false, and back again.

Thanks again... Mick

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:30 pm

Can you zip up those logs and send them to me at support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread?