Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

brentbordelon

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Post by brentbordelon » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:46 pm

We've just started using Vault (4.0.4). We have 2 repositories, and one contains the majority of our code.

Both have worked fine up until this point, but now the primary one won't let me open it with the client - it just returns "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

The smaller one works fine, and I can connect via the web service to the primary one as well.

Please Help!

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:35 pm

Can you send me your Vault Server Log? You can either post it here or send it to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread.

Was the 4.0.4 install an upgrade or is this the first install you made of Vault?
If an upgrade, what version did you upgrade from?

So that I have environment information, can you open a GUI, connect to the working repository, and then select Help - Technical Support and copy that information either her or in an email to me?

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:46 pm

Actually, I think we had another recent case like this. I think you should try Clearing Your Client Side Cache. Basically, you are going to drill down to where you see the cache members. You can remove all the cache members, except keep the working folder associations one. Also, you can remove the _sgvault.

Then you can reopen Vault and if you perform a Get (don't overwrite if you have changes waiting to be checked in) then the cache will be rebuilt.

If you are unsure which GUI ID pertains to your cache, just query for the list:
  • use sgvault
    select * from dbo.tblrepositories
Try clearing the cache first.