Does the command-line client work?

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jclausius

Re: Does the command-line client work?

Post by jclausius » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:37 am

sgeard wrote:I don't think the problem on the Debian machine is a connection problem since soscmd-4.2 does connect ok and get some files (before dying with invalid pointer 0x8064480!).
You are right. The problem would be the protocol in SOS 3.5 is different in some instances than SOS 4.2.

We either need to upgrade the Server to 4.2 OR figure out the problem with the 3.5 CLC.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:46 am

The other thing I'm looking up is any incompatibilities with ELF. I'm wondering if the 3.5 CLC ELF is somehow encountering a difference with the current version.

I have an idea on this... I'll keep you posted.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:47 am

OK. I wanted to try this in a different approach...

I have the source code for SourceOffSite 3.5 (attached).
I installed Debian 4 for x86.
Next, I installed g++ along with the 1.2 GTK libraries.

untarred the files, and ran the standard "./configure", and "make".

The SOS GUI (sos binary) client ran and I tested it against the sos.sourceoffsite.com server along with the SOS CLC (clc binary).

This is one approach you could use... Try a private build to see if that helps with the problems you are seeing with the distributed binaries.

NOTE: This client code falls under our standare licensing agreement -- it is only for use by SOS users within your organization and cannot be re-distributed. We are unable to support this client if any modifications have been made to the code.
Attachments
sos_unix_3.5.2007.tar
SourceOffSite 3.5 code test compiled under Debain 4 on Dec 5, 2007.
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 523 times
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

sgeard

Does the command-line client work?

Post by sgeard » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:23 am

Thanks for the code and sorry about the delay in replying. I have built it and it works without problem on Debian - Sarge (I think), kernel 2.4.32. Would you like me to upload the executables I created?

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:32 am

Thank you, but No. I think with the other posted here, if other people are having issues, they could just download and build for their own platforms.

I'm still confused on why there is a problem, but who is to say for certain. The SOS 3.5 binaries were built well over 5 years ago, so there could have been changes in how those binaries are loaded with today's linux distros.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear