Get a folder version on a past date?

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

trunnellm

Get a folder version on a past date?

Post by trunnellm » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:53 pm

Hello,

I need to do some analysis on historical versions of our repository. I found this topic from just a few days ago: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... +past+date

Just ike that person, I do not have labels on the dates I need them. I tried the method described in the reply, but unfortunately history queries do not always show top level folders in the search results. If I do a history query on the root $/, the results I get look like:

$/A/B/file1.cs
$/A/B/C/file2.cs
$/A/B/C/D/file3.cs
$/A/B/C/D/

I can right-click and "Get..." any of those files, or even the whole "D" folder. But there is never a line with just $/ on it, so I cannot do a "Get..." on $/ on a certain date.

But I have to find a way to do this. I would like to be able to run my analysis on several different historical snapshots, perhaps one per quarter for the last three years.

If there is not an easy to use method in the Vault GUI, do you all have a command line script that could do this?

Thanks!

trunnellm

Post by trunnellm » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:48 pm

Ok, I found a way to do it in the GUI.

The history query dialog has an option that says, "View folder history by version." (The default is "by item.")

That view allows selection of the top level $/ by virtually any date via the "Get Tree" button. Works great.