The server was unable to connect to the sourcesafe database.

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

bhavanam

The server was unable to connect to the sourcesafe database.

Post by bhavanam » Wed May 26, 2004 11:44 pm

I am getting this error below.

The server was unable to connect to the sourcesafe database.[/b][b]Please verufy that the sourcesafe was properly installed on the server machine

I checked the log file. It says
Access to file "\\fmea1pub002\fmshare_91EDWSSafe\Data\users\Username" denied

and for another user it says
Unable to open user login file \\fmea1pub002\fmshare_91\EDWSSafe\Data\data\loggedin\username2.log

I am able to connect to anothe sourcesafe database. I mean say suppose i have 2 source safe database DBa and DB2. I am able to conenct to DB1. But i was getting the above error when i tried for DB2.

I read the article on registry. Will that fix my problem. because if its aregistry problem it should not work for DB1 also i guess.

Please help me out on this.

Thanks

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu May 27, 2004 11:15 am

I don't think the article applies in your case. If you can access another database, you probably have VSS properly installed.

This error message show a problem accessing certain files in the VSS data directory. Check the rights for that directory and verify that the account used by the SOS Server Service has access to the "data" and "data\logged in" directory.

Another problem could be that the Data\users\Username and data\loggedin\username2.log files have become corrupt.

Running Analyze on the database may help:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=50

You could also try deleting and recreating the VSS users.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager