Integrated Security / NTLM Support

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

pj

Integrated Security / NTLM Support

Post by pj » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:59 am

I've just setup Fortress within the company I work for and I'm pleasantly surprised with it. What I have got working is using Active Directory to manage the passwords rather than having to manage a separate set of passwords in Fortress, but what I would like to know is if I can take this a step further:

1. Can you use either the web interface (at least with IE which supports automatically sending a users Windows credentials), GUI client or VS Plugin to use integrated security so that the user does not have to enter their credentials just like how you can setup the good old <ggg> SourceSafe client to operate.

2. Is it possible to avoid setting up users in Fortress at all and simple have them setup in Active Directory or it is required to create users in Fortress. In an ideal scenario, what I would like to do is setup a group in AD which contains all the users who are allowed to login to Fortress.

3. Is it possible to have a global setting which says that all users should integrate with AD rather than using a local password. If not what was the reasoning having this as a per user setting?

So basically want I want is the convenience of having one central location of users / passwords while still using best practices security wise.

Regards,
PJ Naughter

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:12 am

1) Your user can make a profile by opening the GUI client, and during the login process they will make a profile first. The profile stores the name, server, and password.

2) Not currently. I have a feature request open to pull the names over from AD that I can add your vote to.

3) I could put in a feature request for a way to set global settings for users on this item.