Vault 4.1 Eclipse plugin not connecting

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

matt_stephens

Vault 4.1 Eclipse plugin not connecting

Post by matt_stephens » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:57 am

I have just installed the eclipse plugin using the eclipse update manager and am now trying to add my project to vault. Right clicking on my project in the project explorer and then selecting the Team menu and Share Project... brings up the dialog where i choose Vault and then the next dialog allows me to enter my username, password, vault server and whether it's using SSL.

We are using SSL and my dialog looks exactly the same as the dialog i get with the Vault Client but it is failing to connect and i can't get any further. The Vault Client is working fine so it's not the server.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Matt

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:26 pm

Let's make sure you're using the right version of the plugin. In Eclipse, look under Help->About Eclipse SDK-> Plugin Details. What version of Vault is listed for the Provider SourceGear, LLC?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

matt_stephens

Post by matt_stephens » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:04 am

For SourceGear LLC there are 3 plugins listed:

Vault Team Plug-in 4.1.0.16216
Vault UI Plug-in 4.1.0.16216
Vault Core Plug-in 4.1.0.16216

Eclipse version is 3.3.1.1
Build id: M2071023-1652

I am running on XP. Typically we develop under standard user accounts but i've tried running eclipse as an admin and that makes no difference.
The project is a C++ embedded project but i don't think that should make any difference. I did try this on a VPC with a local instance of the Vault server to try it out and despite seeming a bit slow everything was working.

As i said earlier our proper server uses SSL but the latest Vault Client and Visual Studio integration is having no problems connecting to it.

Matt

shannon

Post by shannon » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:27 am

Just to double check: your server is also version 4.1?

If the server and client are both 4.1, then I think the problem may be with ssl. You may need to add the certificate to your java keystore to make that work properly.

Can you look for the eclipse log at <your workspace>/.metadata/.log and post the relevant exceptions (if there are any)?

matt_stephens

Post by matt_stephens » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:45 am

Yeah, definately same server and client versions. We only upgraded a few days ago and this is our first look at the eclipse plugin.

Any help on how/where to add our certificate to the java keystore? Eclipse is written in java and thats as much as i know about it!

I've attached my log file for you to look at the exceptions. There are quite a few.

Thanks
Attachments
eclipse log.txt
Eclipse logfile for exceptions from vault plugin
(80.49 KiB) Downloaded 202 times

shannon

Post by shannon » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:06 am

Try this:

Import your server ssl certificate into your JVM keystore. As root:
keytool -keystore $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/cacerts -import -file server.crt. You will need the keystore password to modify it. By default this password is ‘changeit‘. Note: If you change SDK, you will need to redo this operation. Note: if you already have a certificate under the “mykey” alias, you may have the following error:
keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Certificate not imported, alias already exists

In that case, import the other one under a new alias (-alias newalias) or remove your old certificate (keytool -keystore $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/cacerts -delete -alias mykey).

Make sure the $JAVA_HOME is the directory eclipse is using for java. You can check what eclipse is using from the java preference pages in eclipse.

matt_stephens

Post by matt_stephens » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:25 am

Thanks, that looks like it solves it. I can log in now.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:13 am

Glad things are working for you now.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager