SccLocalPath

Post your questions regarding using the Vault and Fortress API in your programs.

Moderator: SourceGear

nemoby

SccLocalPath

Post by nemoby » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:30 pm

We are building a templating system for our developers, many of whom are on the green end of things especially when it comes to source control. And I think I just hit a roadblock with our plans....

We pull down a "template" of our solution and a couple of associated class libraries using the get command without setting a a working folder. On repository side, we share these class libraries where needed and then add the files / folders back to source control. Not working completely but I think we are ok here.

What I see as an issue is that the Visual Studio solution file also needs to be modified. We want this solution to be bound when the developer first opens it. Guessing that I need to get the correct GUID for the path within Vault and update the SccLocalPath value within the sln file.

As an example, within a test solution file, this is set as follows: SccLocalPath = "2~1b4f6049-0718-457d-be64-49d8581e92cc" I realize the the 2 is the repository ID. Is there any way that I can get a GUID given a path?

Really hoping so. If not, is there a better approach to any of this?

Thanks,

-Andy

nemoby

Post by nemoby » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:11 pm

I think I figured this one out. Using VS2008 with the enhanced client (v4.1.1), there is no binding in the SLN file. Rather this is accomplished through the working folder setting within Vault itself.

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:25 am

That's correct. That GUID identifies the repository, not a path.
Ian Olsen
SourceGear