LINQ Visual Designer does not show up as Edited

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

GuyH

LINQ Visual Designer does not show up as Edited

Post by GuyH » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:10 pm

hi,

using vs2008 with vault 4.10 in cvs mode.

when i make changes to my LINQ diagram in vs2008 it does not show up as edited after a save, nor do the code files it generates.

they do however get picked up and updated when i checkin my changes.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:08 am

I'm assuming you are working in VS and have the Vault GUI open at the same time?

Do you perform a refresh from within the Vault GUI? Give that a try and see if it catches that it's edited.

GuyH

Post by GuyH » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:23 am

attached is a screenshot...
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
screenshot
Untitled-1.jpg (149.64 KiB) Viewed 8770 times

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:59 am

Ah. So it shows up in the pending changes, but the status glyph isn't updated. Thanks for the report. I've logged a bug.
Ian Olsen
SourceGear

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:24 am

After some digging, I found that the LINQ designer doesn't fire FileChanged events. If you're not using checkouts, we update status glyphs when that event fires. So there's grounds for us to declare this a Visual Studio bug, if we wanted to. :?

The pending changes pane "knows" about the change because it's actually watching the file system and doesn't care about Visual Studio FileChanged events.

I'm not yet sure if there's a non-invasive "fix" we can make in the short term. In the mean time, the best workaround I can offer is to refresh source control status to get the glyphs to update. (File|Vault Source Control|Refresh Status or Refresh on the Enhanced Client tool bar.) This refresh happens automatically in the background every 10 minutes (by default), too, so the correct glyph will show up eventually, just not immediately like it does for well behaved editors.
Ian Olsen
SourceGear