Cannot log into Web Admin

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

kcsdad

Cannot log into Web Admin

Post by kcsdad » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:14 am

A fresh install of Vault 4.1.1 on a Vista Home Premium server with SQL 2005 Express.

Install went perfect. When I try to log into the web admin, I enter the user "admin" and my password. The screen looks to refresh and I'm back at the same login page. No errors or anything.

The Windows client works fine, I am able to log in as the admin and add new projects and so forth, and the IDE plug-in to VS2008 is working great. It's only the Web Admin that I can't get to.

Searching the form here I found another topic with a similar problem, but no solution. One of the replies asked the user if they had a server with any special characters in the name. My server is named Media_Server. Could the underscore be causing any problems here, some sort of redirection issues or anything like that? If so how can I correct this, without renaming the server?

Thank you,
Kurt

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:02 pm

IE doesn't allow underscores in the server host name. This is why you are seeing the redirect problem.

If you don't want to rename the server, you may be able to create a host entry in your host file that doesn't contain an underscore (\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\).
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

kcsdad

Post by kcsdad » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:18 pm

Sounds like renaming the server may actually be the easy route. :D

Thank you for your help,
Kurt

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:57 pm

Yep, that is what I would do...

When you rename the computer you may need to let your SQL server know the name of your computer has changed.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143799.aspx

You will want to re-install Vault after you re-name the server also (that would be much easier than manually reconfiguring everything).
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear