Automatic login w/ Active Directory

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jseidell

Automatic login w/ Active Directory

Post by jseidell » Mon May 19, 2008 4:58 pm

I am currently testing out Fortress. I love what I see so far, a few quirks but maybe becase I'm still learning or don't know how to properly perform a few tasks.

However I would be very happy if Fortress would automatically login with my Domain credentials. I have the setup using my domain username and password, however it seems to pop up whenever I'm changing projects or if the IDE gets closed and then reopened. I have clicked the automatic login on the screens that have one but it still comes up occasionally. And what happens when I change my password?? (which we do every 30-40 days)

ian_sg

Re: Automatic login w/ Active Directory

Post by ian_sg » Tue May 20, 2008 2:45 pm

jseidell wrote:...I would be very happy if Fortress would automatically login with my Domain credentials.
The Fortress Active Directory integration doesn't automatically log you on with your current credentials. It queries the AD to see if the credentials you entered are correct. This has to be set up on the server, and the server must have been configured to use identity impersonation (see http://www.sourcegear.com/vault/support/install3.html for details).
jseidell wrote:And what happens when I change my password?? (which we do every 30-40 days)
You just enter the new password when prompted. :)
jseidell wrote:I have the setup using my domain username and password, however it seems to pop up whenever I'm changing projects or if the IDE gets closed and then reopened. I have clicked the automatic login on the screens that have one but it still comes up occasionally.
The saved credentials in the VS Enhanced Client are repository-specific. So you need to check "Remember Login for this repository" once for each Vault repository that you connect to (screenshot attached).
Attachments
Login.PNG
Login.PNG (31.17 KiB) Viewed 3662 times
Ian Olsen
SourceGear

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Tue May 20, 2008 3:26 pm

I just found a related open bug, and realized I may not be answering the right question.

If it's the other login dialog (see attachment) that's coming up spuriously, even when you've checked the "Automatically connect..." option, that's a known issue. Sorry for the inconvenience, we're working on that.
Attachments
fullLogin.PNG
fullLogin.PNG (15.26 KiB) Viewed 3653 times
Ian Olsen
SourceGear