Importing VSS to Vault - C: running out of space

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

dewest225

Importing VSS to Vault - C: running out of space

Post by dewest225 » Fri May 23, 2008 10:22 am

We're running Vault 4.1.1 (18060).

A couple hours into importing our main VSS database to Vault, and I get a warning message on our server that drive C is running low on disk space.

We have a 12 GB drive C which has only Windows and installed programs. Our data is all on drive D, which is 124 GB, and there is 35 GB free there. I have already redirected the TEMP and TMP environment variables to drive D.

I checked where the disk space was being used, and the following folder seems to be the culprit: "C:\Program Files\SourceGear\Vault Shadow Folder Cache", at 2.21 GB! We have our shadow folders set to D:\SourceShadow, and it is 624 MB.

How can I redirect this VaultSourceShadow folder to drive D? Why is it on drive C, when I've set the shadow folders to go to drive D?

This is time critical, because I want to make sure this import completes this weekend.

Thanks,
=====================
David West
PathGuide Technologies, Inc.

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Fri May 23, 2008 11:09 am

You can change the shadow folder cache location in the shadow folder web.config file (<vault_install_dir>\VaultService\VaultShadowFolder\web.config).

Make sure the shadowfolder_cachepath key is uncommented and change the value to the desired location.

Code: Select all

<add key="shadowfolder_cachepath" value="c:\Program Files\Sourcegear\Vault Shadow Folder Cache" /> 
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear