Checkin failure

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

sreenath

Checkin failure

Post by sreenath » Thu May 22, 2008 1:38 am

When I try to checkin files from my sourceoffsite client, I get the error message 'Response for no message sent' that keeps coming forever till I kill sourceoffsite. Just to clarify the way I am doing it : I checked-out the files, then overwrote them with my changed files. SoS shows status ‘Edited’ for those and then I select those files and click ‘check-in’ in the pop-up. Once I do ok after entering my comments in the dialog I get the alert “Response for no message sent!” which keeps coming whether I press ‘Ok’ or ‘Esc’…and I have to kill SS. Is there something wrong with the steps? All permissions have been verified and I have write permissions on the database as well. I am using client version 4.0.2 on Win XP. Please help.
Thanks in Advance,
Sreenath

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu May 22, 2008 7:45 am

Try connecting to our demo server, sos.sourceoffsite.com, user Daffy, password "duck."

Do you get the same behavior?

If not, there's some type of problem between your SOS Client and your server.

Send a copy of the log file to support at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda. The SOS Server log is log.txt and is in the SOS Server directory on the server machine.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

sreenath

Cannot connet to demo server

Post by sreenath » Mon May 26, 2008 12:36 am

I tried connecting to the demo server (sos.sourceoffsite.com) at port 8888 as mentioned on your site. But I get the message 'Cannot connect to server'. I can ping to the server to ensure that connectivity to the machine is there. Is the port different or something else could be wrong?

Thanks & Rgds
Thanks in Advance,
Sreenath

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue May 27, 2008 4:32 pm

The server might have been unavailable temporarily.

-Or-

Make sure you have port 8888 open in your firewall for TCP/IP traffic as something could be blocking traffic to your machine on that port.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

sreenath

Problem resolved

Post by sreenath » Thu May 29, 2008 1:31 am

Yes you are right, the firewall was blocking the port 8888. My problem is temporarily solved though not in the best way, by stripping down the comments of my check-in for reasons not clear. You can investigate the supplied 'comments' file to figure out the problem :)
Thanks in Advance,
Sreenath

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu May 29, 2008 12:21 pm

I copied and pasted those checkin comments into one of my checkins, and the file checked in with no problem.

I was using SOS 4.2, though, not 4.0.2. That may have made a difference, or maybe something else about my configuration.

You might consider upgrading both clients and servers; it's a free upgrade for you. If this happens for you on 4.2, contact us again and we'll troubleshoot further. It's always better to troubleshoot using the latest version.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear