Resolve Merge Status through the command line client

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Busboy

Resolve Merge Status through the command line client

Post by Busboy » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:49 am

Hi,
I have same problem like discussed in: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=9746

We are using Vault v4.0.6 and have checked out some bld-files using vault.exe from command-line and are also using the -exclusive flag. The server have enabled "Require exclusive locks" on this repository. Our bld-files are not listed in "Mergeable files" on server repository.

Still - When I want to check in my bld-files, they have a "Need Merge" status, and I can not check them in from command-line. Using Vault GUI client, I can "Resolve Merge Status" and then use my command-line tool to check in my bld-files. This prevents me from automating my build scenario. How can I avoid this?

Kim

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:17 am

If your concern is with your build script then a bit of advise I can offer is to keep the time between get and checkin as small as possible. If you still find yourself in a Needs Merge state, copy the file to a temp location, do a get latest with overwrite, then copy your file back.

Busboy

Post by Busboy » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:42 pm

Your tip worked, but it is annoying to copy files to temp-folder before a check-in. Can you add a future feature request for this "Resolve Merge Status" to be included in command-line tool?

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:24 am

I've added the feature request. Thanks.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Fri May 30, 2008 2:42 pm

The 4.1.2 CLC now has a -resolvemerge flag for commit.
Subscribe to the Fortress/Vault blog