"Hide users without repository access" doesnt work

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

davenovak

"Hide users without repository access" doesnt work

Post by davenovak » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:54 am

The Hide users without repository access option on the Folder Security page in the admin does not appear to be working.

On one of our repositories, only a handful of our 50 users have any type of access to the repository whatsoever. However, even with Hide users without repository access checked and most user's rights to the repository set to (none), they still show up in the list.

Perhaps I don't understand what this feature was supposed to do, but I would have figured that it would have filtered out users who didn't have access to that repository, leaving behind only those users with access.

Note: I have default repository access settings set up such that all users have No Access. It's a minor issue, but figured you should know.

Side note: it appears as though you can type in more characters into the Subject line above than which the site will actually show

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:39 am

Which version of Vault are you currently on? I just ran a test with 4.1.2 and didn't get the same results.

On the repository access page they show as no access?

Are there any group rights that may apply?

You might want to try an iisreset just to make the security settings reload and see if that fixes it.

davenovak

Post by davenovak » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:08 am

I am running Vault 4.1.2. No other group rights give them access to this repository. A screen shot is included below:
Attachments
HideUsersWithoutRepositoryAccess.JPG
HideUsersWithoutRepositoryAccess.JPG (179.46 KiB) Viewed 29852 times

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:22 am

Could you also post a screenshot of the repository access page under that same repository?

One can have repository access without having any folder security rights, so that might be where the confusion is.

davenovak

Post by davenovak » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:36 am

That indeed is the problem, except I don't understand how they have repository access since by default users are supposed to have no access.

Is there some easy way for me to set access for all users except those in the Xaviant group to No Access?

davenovak

Post by davenovak » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:48 am

I think I got this worked out. For all users with "Access", I simply clicked the Delete this assignment hyperlink to remove access. Access is now as intended.

What I don't understand is how these users got access in the first place. According to the Repository Access screen (prior to clicking Delete this assignment), it said Inherited From Directly assigned. Is that possibly because in 3.5.2 (which I just upgraded from) there was not default repository permissions so everone was granted access?

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:10 pm

In previous versions of Vault, the default was to give access. They could have been set explicitly in the previous version, but it's hard to say without being right there to see it. I will make a note to run a test on this to see. I don't recall seeing something like that happen, but it's best to test and make sure.