Vault Web Admin 4.1x: group management not like Admin Tool

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Tri

Vault Web Admin 4.1x: group management not like Admin Tool

Post by Tri » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:58 pm

I am trying the Vault Web Admin 4.12. There are some differences with the former Vault Admin Tool I can't replicate:

1. How to assign permission on a specific folder to a group?

2. Group Edit: the list of the users on the left pane also show inactive users. How to display only active users?

3. User / Security properties: How to list all the repository access & permissions granted to a specific user? Formerly with Admin Tools: Select an user and click on the Securities button.

4. Vault Web Admin, Repository Access page: The "Rights" column now contains a string which carry more info than the checkbox as before. But it is not easily readable. Can you color code the cells so that the value standout better? For example "Access" will have a greenb ackgroud, "Full Admin" with another background.

May be I am used to much to the Admin Tool but for now I feel a little bit lost with the new Web interface.

Do you have a FAQ?

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:05 am

1. How to assign permission on a specific folder to a group?
First, in the Groups page, click the group to configure. In the next page, select which repositories that Group will have access to and save that. Then go to the repository. Turn on Folder Security in the repository option if it isn't turned on yet. Under Folder Security, you can set the group to only have access to particular areas.
2. Group Edit: the list of the users on the left pane also show inactive users. How to display only active users?
There isn't a way currently. I'll have to put in a feature request if you want.
3. User / Security properties: How to list all the repository access & permissions granted to a specific user? Formerly with Admin Tools: Select an user and click on the Securities button.
Click the Overview link that is on the same line as the user in the Users page.
4. Vault Web Admin, Repository Access page: The "Rights" column now contains a string which carry more info than the checkbox as before. But it is not easily readable. Can you color code the cells so that the value standout better? For example "Access" will have a greenb ackgroud, "Full Admin" with another background.
Good idea. I'll put in a feature request.
Do you have a FAQ?
On the admin tool? Not an FAQ. There's the Vault Manualif you would like that describes the security.