VS.NET 2003 Integration and CVS Mode

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Brad Wilson

VS.NET 2003 Integration and CVS Mode

Post by Brad Wilson » Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:37 pm

Am I right in assuming that the VS.NET 2003 SCC integration is not compatible with CVS-style working? When I attempt to save a file in VS.NET 2003, if it cannot reach the repository, then it won't let me save (because it's attempting to check the file out).

Is this a limitation of the SCC integration support in VS.NET? If so, is there a work-around that lets me keep the SCC integration, yet be able to work off-line without checking everything out before I do my work (aka, let me work like do now with CVS)?

Thanks...

ericsink

Re: VS.NET 2003 Integration and CVS Mode

Post by ericsink » Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:14 pm

Brad Wilson wrote:Am I right in assuming that the VS.NET 2003 SCC integration is not compatible with CVS-style working? When I attempt to save a file in VS.NET 2003, if it cannot reach the repository, then it won't let me save (because it's attempting to check the file out).

Is this a limitation of the SCC integration support in VS.NET? If so, is there a work-around that lets me keep the SCC integration, yet be able to work off-line without checking everything out before I do my work (aka, let me work like do now with CVS)?

Thanks...
You are correct. Our IDE integration module refuses to work with our so-called "CVS mode". Sorry, for now this limitation is something we are stuck with. Visual Studio's API just wasn't designed to handle anything outside the traditional checkout-edit-checkin metaphor.
Eric Sink
Software Craftsman
SourceGear