Feature request: simple messaging

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Charles Monk

Feature request: simple messaging

Post by Charles Monk » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:57 am

Often someone else has got a file checked out which I need. They might be working somewhere else. I can email them to ask that they check it in, but maybe it's not urgent and I don't want to hassle them if they are working on something else. Or maybe it's really urgent and I need to know that they know I need it checked in ASAP. In that case I'd need to use IM or call them.

If my colleague is actually online and connected to the Fortress server, and is using the same code repository, then it's probably safe to disturb them(!). It would nice if I could just right-click the checked out file and select 'send check-in request' or something. The Fortress client on my colleague's machine could then pop up some kind of message for them, and then send me back a little read receipt notification. If I don't get a notification, then I can decide what to do next depending on the urgency.

lbauer

Re: Feature request: simple messaging

Post by lbauer » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:01 am

Thanks for the request. We have a feature request 8425 logged for this and I'll add your "vote."
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Charles Monk

Post by Charles Monk » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:21 am

Yes OK. Sorry if this is was a duplicate.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:42 pm

Don't be sorry! The more requests we get for a feature, the more likely it is to be implemented, if it fits the overall direction for Vault/Fortress.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager