Can no longer access a repository

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

aehlert

Can no longer access a repository

Post by aehlert » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:43 pm

This is a weird one.

I was checking in a bunch of files thru the VS2005 client, and the system hung up. I let it sit for about 30 minutes and nothing was happening.

So, taskmanaged the app closed. However, now when I try to get into the application I receive the following:

The working folder state information for C:\Lear\LQTSIII\lqts.web.ui\images is incompatible with this version of Vault. Please choose a different working folder path. The specific compatibility exception was: Could not detect the file type in the supplied stream.

Now I can log into the repository on another machine, and thru the web interface. However, I can no longer do it on my machine.

I can also no longer access a VS2008 application that I had open at the same time.

I've tried to repair the installation, but that didn't work. Is there anything that I can look at before trying a reinstall of the software? We've been using the app for years, and this is the first time this occured.

Beth

Re: Can no longer access a repository

Post by Beth » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:20 am

Your Vault cache may have received only partial information. You can go in and rename it and try logging in. Details about that cache are here: Client Side Cache.

If you are only dealing with one repository, then it's easy to drill in until you see cachemembers and be more selective about what you keep and what you rename. You will want to keep your working folder assignments and change set items.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support