Enhanced Client Checkout Behavior

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

brettemiller

Enhanced Client Checkout Behavior

Post by brettemiller » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:46 am

This Fortress client is version 1.1.4.18402
Your Fortress server is version 1.1.4.18402
IDE: Visual Studio 2008

The Fortress enhanced client source control plug-in is very good; however, it would be nice if I could also alter the checkout behavior so that the client prompts me for checkout. This business of automatically checking things out on edit is a nuisance. After a week or so, I have to go through the entire app figuring out which things I really did intend to check out and which things I did not intend to check out. Sometimes I am just experimenting with a file, or I inadvertently hit tab, etc...

Or am I missing something? I used to use the classic client, which supported "prompt for check out on save", but the integration from the IDE was not as sophisticated (showing when files are old or checked out by another person, etc.).

Thanks,

Brett

lbauer

Re: Enhanced Client Checkout Behavior

Post by lbauer » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:10 pm

Currently, the enhanced client does not prompt for checkout when you modify a file -- and we've heard from many users who do not like that behavior. The good news is that we're listening, and we have added a checkout confirmation in Fortress 2.0/Vault 5.0, due out in beta this week.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager