Modal dialog is invisible

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Oisin

Modal dialog is invisible

Post by Oisin » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:30 pm

I'm continually being asked to correct an incorrect VaultService location each time I open vs.net. I initially supplied "vault.myserver.com/vaultservice" for server url with the setup, but now each time vs.net opens, it complains about not being able to find "vault.myserver.com/vaultservice/vaultservice/". I correct the URL. but it is not persisting. Each time I open vs.net, the same again.

Additionally, after correcting this in vs.net, when I try to check out a file, vs.net locks up (checking out file... in the status bar), with the windows default beep playing when I try to access it [vs.net]. Upon trying to shut down devenv, it announces to me that it's waiting for me to finish with a modal dialog -- which is nowhere to be seen. I don't know if the two problems are related, but I can't evaluate sourcegear for purchase like this.

Any suggestions?

- Oisin

dan

Post by dan » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:29 pm

Strip off the "/vaultservice" from the end of your server (e.g., just type in 'machine.domain.com', not 'machine.domain.com/vaultservice'. It isn't a URL that is input here, but the server name...

oisin

incorrect url

Post by oisin » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:52 am

Hi Dan, thanks for the quick reply, but a little too quick I think. I thought I'd inferred that I realise the Url is incorrect, but attempts to reset it to just the machine name are not persisting. In any case, I've uninstalled, and I'm going to reinstall with the correct configuration.

I reckon this is what is causing the invisible modal dialog, vs.net is trying to check out stuff in the background without a gui handle to WindowStation, hence when it fails due to botched url, it cannot display a correctional dialog. You might want to investigate this behaviour anyway, as this may happen for other reasons out of the users' control.

cheers.

- Oisin

dan

Post by dan » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:42 am

OK, I think I know what you are seeing.

When you change the connection info (regardless of which part is changed), the IDE keeps asking you to login. If you keep entering it (MSSCCI keeps calling Vault to ask for login information when this happens), you will eventually be allowed in, and from that point forward when you re-invoke the IDE, you'll only have to login once, as usual.

One way to reduce the pain on this is to edit the MSSCCPRJ.SCC file in the project folder (on disk, not in Vault), and edit the lines that contain the connection info. (Note: I'm assuming you are using VS.Net)