Installing Fortress on Server 2008

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

pauldaly1982

Installing Fortress on Server 2008

Post by pauldaly1982 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:15 pm

Hello,

I'm a freelance developer trying to set myself up with a source control tool. I'm new to SourceGear... so please forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question.

When I try to install forturess on Windows Server 2008, I get an error message that says it can not be installed on systems with IIS v5.0 or lower. Server 2008 comes with IIS 7. 7 > 5. I'm a bit confused. Is Fortress supported on Server 2008/IIS7?

I'm running the 64 bit version of Windows. I read the install guide and it said that IIS had to run in 32bit mode for Fortress/Vault to work. If I didn't force IIS to run in 32 bit mode properly, could that be the reason why I'm getting this error message?

Thanks for your help!
Paul Daly | Owner
Daly Consulting | www.dalyconsulting.com
Mobile: 269.274.8250 | paul.daly@dalyconsulting.com

lbauer

Re: Installing Fortress on Server 2008

Post by lbauer » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:07 pm

I get an error message that says it can not be installed on systems with IIS v5.0 or lower
The installer may give this error message if it can't access the registry to determine what version of IIS is installed. Be sure you are logged into the server machine as Administrator and also that you can write to the registry.
I read the install guide and it said that IIS had to run in 32bit mode for Fortress/Vault to work.
Thanks for reading the docs -- not everyone does. These instructions, however are for Vault 3.5 -- I know, we need to get this updated. :oops:

The 4.1.4 installer should be able to install Vault on a 64-bit system with 64-bit IIS. Are you using the Vault server installer for 64-bit?

If you still run into problems, send me a copy of the Vault Server installation log. It's called Vault_install.log and is in your user's temp directory on the server machine. Email it to support at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda. Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager