error adding Items

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jawbrey

error adding Items

Post by jawbrey » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:15 pm

We're using Fortress 1.1.4. Earlier this week, I moved our Fortress DB to a new drive on the same server. I did this by detaching all three SG databases, copying them to the new drive, and reattaching. This seemed to work fine. We haven't had any problems managing code in the repository.

Today, we noticed that we're getting an error when we try to add a new item via the client or web interface.

From the log:

Code: Select all

2009-06-12 14:58:35.937 10.0.1.1 (10.0.1.1)-jawbrey : Helpers::AddItem INSERT failed because the following SET options have incorrect settings: 'ARITHABORT'.   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)     at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)     at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()     at MantisSQLService.MantisSQLService.AddItem(MantisSqlConn conn, Int32 nAuthUID, MantisItem& mItem, String strXmlKeywords, String strXmlTags, Int32 nAttDBBufSize)     at MantisServiceAPI.MantisServiceAPI.AddItem(Int32 nAuthUID, String strUserLogin, MantisItem& mItem, Int32 nAttDBBufSize)     at MantisServiceLib.Helpers.AddItem(HttpSessionState session, MantisItem& mItem) 
I've checked the settings for ARITHABORT mentioned here: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=5527 and everything appears to be set correctly.

What else should I check to resolve this?

lbauer

Re: error adding Items

Post by lbauer » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:17 pm

What version of SQL Server are you using?

Are you having problems adding work items (bugs) but not source code files?

Have you tried running the ARITHABORT queries on the sgdragnet database, rather than the sgvault database? SGDragnet is where the bug/workitem data is stored.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

jawbrey

Post by jawbrey » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:30 pm

We're running SQL 2005.

Adding source code works. Only items seems to cause a problem.

I get the same results for sgdragnet, sgvault, and sgmaster when running the query to check settings:

Code: Select all

SELECT
   DATABASEPROPERTYEX('sgvault', 'IsAnsiNullsEnabled') AS [ANSI_NULLS],
   DATABASEPROPERTYEX('sgvault', 'IsAnsiPaddingEnabled') AS [ANSI_PADDING],
   DATABASEPROPERTYEX('sgvault', 'IsAnsiWarningsEnabled') AS [ANSI_WARNINGS],
   DATABASEPROPERTYEX('sgvault', 'IsArithmeticAbortEnabled') AS[ARITHABORT],
   DATABASEPROPERTYEX('sgvault', 'IsNullConcat') AS [CONCAT_NULL_YIELDS_NULL],
   DATABASEPROPERTYEX('sgvault', 'IsQuotedIdentifiersEnabled') AS [QUOTED_IDENTIFIER],
   DATABASEPROPERTYEX('sgvault', 'IsNumericRoundAbortEnabled') AS [NUMERIC_ROUNDABORT]
1 1 1 1 1 1 0

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:50 pm

Just to be clear, you ran this query?

SELECT DATABASEPROPERTYEX('sgdragnet', 'IsArithmeticAbortEnabled') AS[ARITHABORT]
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

jawbrey

Post by jawbrey » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:18 am

d'oh!!

I didn't realize that the db name was specified in the query, so I was running it against vault, not dragnet.

The settings for dragnet were incorrect, and after I fixed them the problem went away.

thanks!

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:48 pm

Thanks for the update. That's good news. : )
Linda Bauer
SourceGear