Installing a server upgrade

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

GregM

Installing a server upgrade

Post by GregM » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:42 am

I installed 2.0.3 on our server on Friday. I am upgrading to 2.0.4 now. This is my first time installing a new version on the server. (I was hoping to wait for 2.0.4, but I needed to install on Friday.) When I run the install program, it prompts me for all of the same things it prompted for the first time, several of which I had to customize, such as the directories, the auth method, and the username and password for the domain account. Do I have to enter all of these again the same way I did before? Shouldn't the installer recognize that there's an existing installation, and just upgrade the files that need to be upgraded?

I really don't want to get something wrong in the settings and break my install just as the users are starting to move to Vault.

There's also an installer bug related to malformed XML when the password contains certain characters, which I reported by email yesterday that I will have to deal with, if it rewrites that file.

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:35 am

The upgrade installer currently remembers the directory that the server was previously installed to and the database location. Unfortunately you would need to re-enter the other information.

We hope to have an easier server upgrade installer in the future. I will add your name to the list of users who have requested this.

As for the web.config file, the upgrade installer updates the appsettings section, since the connection mode could have changed, but it leaves the rest of the web.config file alone.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear