Login Failed: The username or password supplied is invalid.

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

mamikel

Login Failed: The username or password supplied is invalid.

Post by mamikel » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:36 pm

Hi,
I just installed Fortress and provided a password during the installation. Following the installation, I tried to login via the webpage that came up, but keep getting: Login Failed: The username or password supplied is invalid. I'm using user admin and the password I supplied as per the instructions, but am getting nowhere.
any ideas?

thanks

Matt

Beth

Re: Login Failed: The username or password supplied is invalid.

Post by Beth » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:11 am

Could you look in your server log for an error? That log would be at C:\Windows\temp\sgvault\sgvault.log. If the error says DBfault or failDBconn, then it's the login for connecting to the database that is the issue. If it's just still a username or password is invalid, then you might see if changing the caps lock setting makes a difference. Or, what I find sometimes is I'll enter a B in a password, but when I'm logging in I'll type V without realizing it. Are there any letters in positions that could have been mistyped?

If neither of those suggestions yields anything, you might try an uninstall and reinstall. That way you will have the chance to reset the admin password.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

mamikel

Post by mamikel » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:15 pm

Beth wrote:Could you look in your server log for an error? That log would be at C:\Windows\temp\sgvault\sgvault.log. If the error says DBfault or failDBconn, then it's the login for connecting to the database that is the issue. If it's just still a username or password is invalid, then you might see if changing the caps lock setting makes a difference. Or, what I find sometimes is I'll enter a B in a password, but when I'm logging in I'll type V without realizing it. Are there any letters in positions that could have been mistyped?

If neither of those suggestions yields anything, you might try an uninstall and reinstall. That way you will have the chance to reset the admin password.
Thanks for the suggestions Beth - I wondered if it might be the account I'd selected - I reinstalled and tried the machine account and that seems to have worked - I'll see if I can figure out what the issue is.

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:42 pm

Thanks for the update.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support