Is it possible to create an item from the web interface?

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

JamesC

Is it possible to create an item from the web interface?

Post by JamesC » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:43 am

We're a current Fortress customer and I'm looking into which license we need to purchase for QA. In theory they only need access to the web site as they won't be directly working with source code. However I can't find the area of the web site that allows creation of new items. Am I missing something or is this feature not available? If this isn't available from the web what is the least expensive license we can purchase to allow QA to enter work items?

Beth

Re: Is it possible to create an item from the web interface?

Post by Beth » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:20 am

To create bug and task tracking items, a user would go to the Item Tracking tab in the web interface. If no projects are listed there, then either no projects were created by the admin yet, or the user hasn't been given permission to access those projects yet. Take a look on the admin tab to see what you have set up for item tracking. How many projects did you make? Have you expanded the project in the admin web page and checked who has access?

I have attached a few screenshots to help.
Attachments
ADD ITEM TRACKING PROJECTS.doc
(238 KiB) Downloaded 456 times
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

JamesC

Post by JamesC » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:14 am

I do have a project created and I'm looking at the "My Open" query results. I don't see an Add Item button like i'd expect. Probably just missing it. Also my access for the item tracking project is "full admin."

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:09 pm

In order to see the Add button, you need to be inside a particular project. Return to the Home page. Then click on a project. From there, when you select My Open or Open, you will only see the items for that project and you can add to that project.
Beth Kieler

JamesC

Post by JamesC » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:41 pm

I'm stumped! Followed the links that you listed and I'm looking at a list of open items that are assigned to me. Where should the add button be located? I do not see it next to customize or printable at the top, or near projects / query projects / saved queries / open / my open on the right. Below the list of my open items there are no buttons. Where should I find add? My version is 1.1.4.18402.

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:51 pm

I've attached another document. This one shows a connection to our demo server which is Fortress 1.1.4. Does that help?
Attachments
ADD ITEM TRACKING PROJECTS Fortress 1_1_4.doc
(116 KiB) Downloaded 475 times
Beth Kieler

JamesC

Post by JamesC » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:12 pm

I see now - I wasn't catching the difference between going directly to the my open query and click the project first. Thank you!!

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:35 pm

Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.
Beth Kieler