Access Rights Not Working as Displayed

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

rdtuengel

Access Rights Not Working as Displayed

Post by rdtuengel » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:27 am

We have multiple repositories and multiple groups under Fortress. We wanted granular access control for one of the repositories, and the folders in it. We set up one group with full access to all the folders in that repository, and one group with full access to most of the folders in that repository, and Read Only access to other folders in that repository. We've made sure that every user is only in one group. Under the Admin function, our accesses and folder security settings look correct. But some users in the same groups have access to the restricted respository, some do not. Some users in the restricted group have access to the respository, some do not. Some users in the unrestricted group have access to the respository, some do not. We tried giving Admin access to users who couldn't get access to the repository, and they still could not get access. The message is always the same: "You have no rights to view any items in this repository". But those same users have access to other unrestricted repositories. We have double checked the access for all users. Those in the same groups all appear to be the same. But some get access, some don't. Any suggestions?

Beth

Re: Access Rights Not Working as Displayed

Post by Beth » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:02 pm

I would like to try this out on one of my test machines to see if I get the same results.

In the meantime, what is the default access on your repositories? Is it set to allow access or to deny it by default?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

rdtuengel

Post by rdtuengel » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:17 pm

The default is Access.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:48 pm

I ran through this scenario so I could see the results. Since my results are as expected, we should take a closer look at your settings. I am attaching a document that details what I did.

Could you send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread? Then we'll discuss this further off-line.

HS: 216763
Attachments
Permissions Settings With Groups.doc
(455 KiB) Downloaded 437 times
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support