COMMIT failure

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Everett

COMMIT failure

Post by Everett » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:03 am

Fortress Client 1.1.4 (18402)

This is a new install of the server and client, on a trial basis. I am experiencing intermitent failure on commits. I thought at first that it was only when multiple files were being checked in at the same time, but subsequent testing proved this is not the case. Sometimes individual files may be successfully checked in, but sometimes they fail in the same amnner as groups of files being checked in. I have never successufully checked in multiple fiels at the same time.

[7/27/2009 9:42:35 AM] Transaction failed
[7/27/2009 9:42:35 AM] An error occurred while trying to end a transaction.
[7/27/2009 9:42:35 AM] Transaction failed
[7/27/2009 9:42:35 AM] Item $/RSC09.1/LABTIME.APP caused the transaction to fail: Could not retrieve the file from the database.

lbauer

Re: COMMIT failure

Post by lbauer » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:20 am

Could not retrieve the file from the database.
This looks like a Get. Are you having problems with Gets, too?

If you do the operation from a Vault Client on the Vault Server machine, and use "localhost" for the Vault Server name, does the operation succeed?

This may rule out any network issues.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Everett

Post by Everett » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:30 am

I get the same error when checking in at the server, whther \I use the server's name or "localhost". Undo's work fine. Sometimes single checking work ok (but sometimes even thse fail). I am using SQLExpress 2005 on that machine... Got anything to do with it?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:45 pm

SQL Express has a database size limit of 4 GB, so if you're hitting that limit, it could cause errors.

We'd like to see a copy of the Vault Server log. It's called sgvault.log and is in %windir%\temp\sgvault on the server machine. You can attach it here or send the log zipped up to support at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda. Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager