2100 FailExistingDownload

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

nmcalpin

2100 FailExistingDownload

Post by nmcalpin » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:24 pm

conversation with one of our developers today:

developer: An exception was encountered during the get latest operation. Exception: 2100 : FailExistingDownload
Nick: did you retry it?
developer: yep, happened again
developer: when I GLV <project X>
Nick: be specific what you are GLV'ing so that I can test it ?
developer: narrowing it down
developer: <$/specific path to a .CPP file>
Nick: works fine for me, so something in the client side is wrong; odds are that it's something in the mechanism which tracks the local state of the file; you could try restarting the vault client; is there anything particular/specific you are doing with this local folder that could confuse the state tracking in teh client?
developer: nope. I'll try restarting, and if that doesn't work I'll blow away my Vault cache
Nick: k
developer: restarting the client fixed it. Dunno. Dunwannano.

any ideas?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:07 pm

Hard to say without more troubleshooting. Most likely some sort of network glitch or something else preventing the download. If it's reproducible with a specific set of steps or if it happens often, we'd like to see the server and client logs.

Let me know if you want to go beyond "dunno."
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

joshyeager

Post by joshyeager » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:53 pm

Did you ever figure out what the problem with this was? I've got two PCs that throw this error when we try to get the latest version of a folder. What info can we give you to help troubleshoot it?

Thanks,
Josh

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:05 pm

This error can be caused by a number of things.

Is it reproducible? If so, what steps/folders/files reproduce it?

Is there anything in the Vault server log that corresponds to the error (it's sgvault.log in %windir%\temp\sgvault.)
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

joshyeager

Post by joshyeager » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:02 am

I'm working on getting the server log. In the meantime, I have one more piece of info: the problem only happens when Visual Studio is open. If they close Visual Studio, Vault gets the file correctly.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:57 pm

Send the log file to support at sourcegear.com, ATTN Linda. Be sure to include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

Beth

Re: 2100 FailExistingDownload

Post by Beth » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:52 pm

I wanted to add to this thread based on troubleshooting a different user so that this information could be found by future users. The issue involved having a developer who is actively developing on the same machine as where the builds happened. The developer was logged into the GUI client and working and a script was logging in with the same name on the command-line client. Both were sending commands at the same time. There were two possible ways to resolve this. One was to have the script use a different username. The other was to have the script run under a different Windows username so that it would have a cache in a different location.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support