Error 500 When Edit Saved Query

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

cs

Error 500 When Edit Saved Query

Post by cs » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:09 am

When I try to edit a saved query, the following error appears in the Fortress log:

2009-08-31 17:03:10.390 10.0.0.196 (10.0.0.196)-MyUserName: Server error 500 'SavedQueryList1' has a SelectedValue which is invalid because it does not exist in the list of items. Parameter name: value at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable dataSource) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.PerformSelect() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() at MantisControlsLib.SavedQueryList.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I can't edit the queries through the 'Manage Queries' interface.

Beth

Re: Error 500 When Edit Saved Query

Post by Beth » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:21 am

Is it possible that you deleted some of the options, fields, or field values in your Item Tracking configuration?

When was the last time this query worked for you?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

cs

Post by cs » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:31 am

It worked until I upgraded to version 2.00.

Item tracking fields were not modified after the upgrade. Apart from I had to rename the 'Custom1' and 'Custom2' fields as per my other forum post.

I have now deleted the queries as a workaround.

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:10 pm

I'll run a test to see if I can reproduce this.

Can you tell me if the saved query was one saved for an individual project, or did it span across multiple projects?
Beth Kieler

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:11 pm

I tried both a saved query on an individual project and one that was across multiple projects and didn't get any errors. Since you have already removed the problem queries, it might be more difficult to find the root cause. If you'd like to continue troubleshooting, the next step would be to either post or email the sgvault.log and fortress.log. They are found under C:\Windows\temp\sgvault and C:\Windows\temp\sgfortress.

Your work-around was the fastest way to get fully functional again though.

For future users, if you get the same kind of results as cs, send an email to support at sourcegear.com with a link to this forum thread and we'll look deeper into your situation.
Beth Kieler

cs

Post by cs » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:07 am

The query I tried to edit was one which I used regularly in the previous Fortress version. It searched for all items with open/pending status from one particular assignee. No specific projects or other criteria were present.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:29 pm

Thanks for the additional information. I ran another scenario to match those details. I think this might have been an isolated incident.

When you are next ready to upgrade, if you have more queries saved, I'd like to assist with the next upgrade. When you wish to do that just send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread.
Beth Kieler