Fortress and Visual Studio 6.0 C/C++

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

lbauer

Re: Fortress and Visual Studio 6.0 C/C++

Post by lbauer » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:02 pm

We're still trying to determine what registry keys may be missing in the latest version. We were able to reproduce this in Vault, but when we tried Fortress, everything worked.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Beth

Re: Fortress and Visual Studio 6.0 C/C++

Post by Beth » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:58 pm

I've already contacted Neil, but I wanted to post something for other users to try as well if they run across this. If this key change doesn't help, let me know.

Open your registry and go to [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft]. Do you have an entry for Visual Studio under there? If not, make a new key called Visual Studio. Under Visual Studio make a key called 8.0, and under that make a key called CurrentSourceControlProvider. Then create a new string value. The name of the string should be ProviderRegKey and the data entry should be SOFTWARE\\SourceGear\\Fortress Client. Then create another new string value where the name is @ and the data entry should be {53544C4D-FFD5-48A9-B04A-0700CCD31070}

Then restart your Visual C++ and see if there are any changes. You might try the Open Workspace function and give it a minute or two to try finding what it needs this first time.

HS: 216909
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support