This 260 character limit thing has Vault all hosed

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Balthazor

This 260 character limit thing has Vault all hosed

Post by Balthazor » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:09 pm

I saw a couple topics on this already, but none of them seemed to be of any use.

I created a folder in Vault, branched some files into it and checked those files out. During the checkout I got the 260 character limit error. The files show as checked out, but they were never fetched to the working folder. Now I can't do a damn thing with them. I can't undo the checkout, I can't rename the folder, I can't delete the folder. In fact, I can't do squat in Vault because just simply logging into that repository screws up the app and doesn't allow me to do anything except kill it through Task Manager.

So what do I do now? Since I can't rename, delete, or really do jack squat with this folder, I'm a bit stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm using version 4.1.4, by the way.

Beth

Re: This 260 character limit thing has Vault all hosed

Post by Beth » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:47 am

Could you go to your Client Side Cache and drill down into it until you find cache members? Rename the file cachemember_workingfolderassignments. Then try opening Vault again. Do you have any difference in what you can do? If so, then you might need to directly set the working folders lower in the tree rather than have them inherit to keep that path shorter.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support