Many questions...

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

infinition

Many questions...

Post by infinition » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:30 pm

Hey,

I have many questions.
I have Fortress version 1.1.3.18336:
- How can I make a Get of a complete folder or even repository from a specific date, if no label was created on that date. For example, let's say we want to test an Item and we, for some reason, need the code from Oct. 1st for the whole project, but no label was created. How can I do this?

- Is there a way to change the date of a label? For example, let's say that I forgot to make a label yesterday and we made many check-ins today. I realize this and I want to make a label for yesterday. Is it possible? or make a label for today than change the date to yesterday?

Now the questions about the upgrade to 2.0:
- Are there more custom fields available for the Item tracking? There was only 2 in version 1.x;
- For the custom fields (Item Tracking), are those only text field like in version 1.x or can we pre-determine values for combo-box or list style fields?
- For Item Tracking, is there a Duplicate button available to quickly duplicate an Item if for example the Item must be completed for 2 different versions of a software? Kind of annoying to do this by hand in version 1.x;

Thanks!

lbauer

Re: Many questions...

Post by lbauer » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:22 pm

You can Get any version of a folder and label a historical version of a folder.

Right click on the folder and select Show History. In the History Query dialog, select View folder history by version. This will give you a list of versions with their dates. Select the version that corresponds to the date you want, and click on Label or Get from the buttons on the right.

Fortress still has just two custom fields. We do have a feature request logged to add more -- I've added your "vote."

There's currently no "Duplicate" button, but I've logged feature request 15048 for this functionalty.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

infinition

Post by infinition » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:00 am

ahhh that's the trick. Neat. I also like the "View Tree" button. Great, thanks!

And I strongly suggest that you add support of combo-box / list (for custom) fields because you know what it is, there is always somebody who won't write correctly in the field making a search useless.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:04 pm

Thanks for the suggestion.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager