Possible way to duplicate duplicate project entries

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

2cbtaylor

Possible way to duplicate duplicate project entries

Post by 2cbtaylor » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:19 pm

I just had duplicate project entries for the second time. I am not sure, but I believed that project lead couldn't fix the problem the first time around by deleting C:\Documents and Settings\MyUserName\Application Data\SourceGear\SOS\servers\172016196024\database1.sos.

When this failed, he just merely renamed the the servers subdirectory which forced a rebuild of the project tree.

This bug just happened again, this might be a way to duplicate the problem and thus fix it.

SourceOffSite was previously successfully opened earlier in the day via a VPN connection to my company. The VPN connection was closed, without closing SourceOffSite. This afernoon, not noticing that an instance of SourceOffSite was already opened, I logged in to VPN and created another instance of SourceOffSite. I immediately noticed a duplicated project tree. Remember that we had to rename the directory last time, I closed all instances, renamed the directory, and then created a new instance of SourceOffSite. The application subsequently went about refreshing the project tree, but this time without any duplicates.

Hopefully this will give the SourceGear developers some chance of duplicating the problem and thus fixing it.

Cheers,
Carl in Suwanee GA
gocbt@yahoo.com >> what I use when I expect a lot of spam

lbauer

Re: Possible way to duplicate duplicate project entries

Post by lbauer » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:43 am

Thanks for the information. I'll include it in the bug report for bug 13863.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

BrianDrab

Post by BrianDrab » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:50 am

Can I get verification that this is still a known bug. If it is, is there a scheduled release date yet?

Thank you.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:25 am

Brian:

We will be addressing this in the upcoming SourceOffSite 5.0 release. Also note, we are looking for people to test a "SourceOffSite 5.0 Preview" which will be available in the upcoming months. Any parties interested in testing/using the preview should mail "sosbeta AT sourcegear DOT com".

Thanks.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

BrianDrab

Post by BrianDrab » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:36 am

Can you verify for me that this is now fixed in the current version? Before I upgrade I would like to know.

Thanks.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:22 am

This bug has been fixed in SOS 5.0.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager