Error when adding items to Fortress

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

rgepfert

Error when adding items to Fortress

Post by rgepfert » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:32 am

I am having some issues when I try to add 2 items to a folder in Fortress. When I try to add these two items, I get the message Item <itemname> caused the transaction to fail: An item with the same name or object id already exists in the selected folder. But when I look in that folder (and do several refreshes), I don't see either item. When I reported this to our Fortress Admin, he can see the items in the folder, but I still cannot. These two items show up in the Deleted Items list when you click Properties for the folder. Our Fortress Admin tried deleting the files and I tried adding them back, but when I tried that, I got an "Object reference not set to an instance of an Object" error and it still didn't show the items to me, but he was able to see the newly added item.

lbauer

Re: Error when adding items to Fortress

Post by lbauer » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:47 am

Check your pending change set in the Vault GUI Client. There may be an uncommitted "add" transaction there. You can undo the transaction by right-clicking on it and choosing "undo".

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest deleting the client-side cache, as it may be out of sync with the database. Close any open clients first.

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 13&t=11513
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager