Show History and the UNPINNED deluge

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Don Thimsen

Show History and the UNPINNED deluge

Post by Don Thimsen » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:22 pm

We just upgraded to Vault 5.0.2 from Vault 4. I just did my first Show History... and found LOTS of UNPINNED entries in the output. So many in fact, that it's difficult pick out the information that I'm looking for. After looking around for a few minutes, I found that I could use the Query > Filter/Sort > actions tab to filter out all the UNPINNED items. However, the request doesn't seem to be persistent. There are times that I need to do a lot of Show Histories, and we don't currently use or plan to use the Pin/Unpin feature in Vault. Is there a way to make the Filter persistent?

Thanks,
Don

lbauer

Re: Show History and the UNPINNED deluge

Post by lbauer » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:52 pm

we don't currently use or plan to use the Pin/Unpin feature in Vault. Is there a way to make the Filter persistent?
I assume users pinned/unpinned in the past? Or are these showing up when there never were any pins?

The settings in the filter don't persist by themselves, but you can create a saved query that has the options you want. Set up a query with the parameters you need, run it, then in the query results window, select Query->Add to Favorites. This will save your query. To run the saved query, right-click on a folder, choose History Favorites, then run your saved query. You should be able to run it on any folder, unless it has parameters that might be specfic to a particular folder.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager