VaultAppPool : Memory leak ?

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

OPPDDeb

VaultAppPool : Memory leak ?

Post by OPPDDeb » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:18 pm

Vault Server v4.1 on windows 2003 server sp2. VaultAppPool with SgDav, VaultService, VaultShadowFolder is constantly consuming memory and never releasing. Please advise on VaultAppPool property settings. Thanks

Beth

Re: VaultAppPool : Memory leak ?

Post by Beth » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:34 pm

I've attached a document with the App Pool settings that are set on my test server.

Can you look in your Vault Server Log for any errors that are happening?

Are there any errors or warnings happening in your Event Viewer logs?

Can you open a Vault GUI client, connect to a repository, then go to Help - Technical Support and copy the information from there to me?
Attachments
App Pool settings.doc
(71 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

OPPDDeb

Post by OPPDDeb » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:52 pm

Thanks. Is it ok to recycle worker processes 1740 minutes? We have additional .Net apps and app pools on this same server.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:28 pm

Our product doesn't support having recycling set to happen periodically. I've seen users in the past have occasional problems with it. You have the potential to have processes that can't completely close, so they will still have resources. This has been investigated by our developers.
Beth Kieler

tjruska

Post by tjruska » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:30 am

I have our vault app pool set to recycle every day at 4am. This has no adverse effect and in doing this I have noticed that I haven't had to manually do an iisreset in months. The load on our vault server is approximately 250 developers at any given time and six CCNet build servers constantly doing work.

HTH, Tom

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:32 pm

Is SQL Server on the same machine as Vault or a different machine?

What are you using to show that Vault is consuming memory and not releasing? Can you provide more information on that?

What happens if you don't have the periodic recycles? Why are you having to perform iisreset regularly? If it's due to errors in Vault, then we should look at those.
Beth Kieler

OPPDDeb

Post by OPPDDeb » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:33 am

Sql Server is on a different box.
Using task manager to monitor app pool usage w3wp.exe with pid. VaultAppPool is consistently at the top of memory usage. Other app pools on this server recycle.
Periodically this server locks up with "The system cannot log you on due to the following error. Not enough storage is available to process this command. Please try again." Physical mem is 2 gb. Virtual mem max is 6 gb (just recently increased this from 4gb).

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:36 pm

If your server is locking up to where iisresets need to happen, then it's better to track down the issue rather than work around with more iisresets. Could you send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread so we can investigate further?
Beth Kieler