How to set the SourceOffsite to supoort Chinese pathname.

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jetsun

How to set the SourceOffsite to supoort Chinese pathname.

Post by jetsun » Wed May 26, 2004 10:26 pm

I figure out why my SourceOffsite server does not support chinese and found the reason. The screen snap is the operation.
But I don't know the real reason behind this, I wonder if you can make the Sever support chinese even if the non-unicode lanuage is setted to Chinese. If I don't set it to chinese, most programs can't support chinese any more, chinese character can't be display and input properly.

Another question:
How to disable the server to resolve the hostname of client?Because this make the client wait for several second to connected in the server.

Following line is in the logfile of server.
Unable to get hostname from address
Attachments
ChineseTest3.JPG
How to make SourceOffSite Server support Chinese
ChineseTest3.JPG (154.26 KiB) Viewed 8470 times

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:43 am

Thanks for the information about Chinese paths. We've know that Chinese language users have been able to use our demo server with no problems and we thought it was because of the English language version of SourceSafe we used. But the regional language preferences appear to have a role.

We'll look into the possibility of making SOS more compatible with Chinese language. We've had a few requests of this from other users.

I don't think there's any way to disable to host lookup, but we'll investigate that as well.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

lili20088

Re: How to set the SourceOffsite to supoort Chinese pathname.

Post by lili20088 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:19 am

Hi,
Old question: is SOS ver5 support Chinese words?
I set the original VSS project and files in Chinese, but can not get it in sos client, it's empty.

why?

sos don't support non-unicode charactor?

waiting!....

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:56 pm

SOS 5 doesn't support Chinese language, either.

The SOS protocol did not change in terms of expandability for project names. The original SOS protocol supports characters 0 - 255. Anything outside of this is not supported.

Grape City used to sell a version of SOS 3.5 that worked with double-byte characters, but I couldn't find any current information about it.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:06 pm

We think XLSoft has a Japanese version of SOS. It might work with the double-byte Chinese characters. Contact them for more information.

https://www.xlsoft.com/jp/products/sour ... ature.html
Linda Bauer
SourceGear